This one-hour webinar will review all the steps you can take NOW to begin preparing to apply to a top school of international and public affairs. It will provide insight into how admissions committees review applications and what they are looking for in applicants, and review helpful tips (Do’s and Don’ts) for presenting your best application to a top school. We will review each part of a typical application and have plenty of time for Q&A. Specific topics include:
Starting the Process
- Do your Research & Get Organized
What are “We” Looking For?
- How do Admissions Directors read an application.
Preparing a Competitive Application
- Anatomy of an Application
- Personal Statements – Stand Out from the Crowd
- Your Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Tests (GRE, TOEFL/IELTS)
- Quantitative Ability
- International (Secondary) Language Skills
- Writing Samples
- Application Tips, Do’s and Dont’s.