On July 28, 2020, more than 275 students, alumni, employers, and staff gathered for the four annual APSIA Career Event. The 2020 event was moved online due to the COVID19 pandemic.
Alumni and students from across thirteen APSIA schools were able to connect with representatives of 22 organizations in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. Participating employers included the Asian Development Bank, Beacon Global Strategies, CATO Institute, Congressional Research Service, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Mercy Corps, Stimson Center, Thomson Reuters Special Services, TD International, and more.
Attendees had the opportunity to chat with employers and get their personal questions answered. Students and employer representatives alike commented on how much they appreciated the open, online format. They enjoyed the time to learn about each other and professional opportunities.
This event was made possible by the following APSIA member schools:
- American University School of International Service
- George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs
- Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service
- Pennsylvania State University School of International Affairs
- Princeton University School of Public and International Affairs
- Texas A&M University Bush School of Government & Public Service
- Tufts University The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- University of California San Diego School of Global Policy and Strategy
- University of Maryland School of Public Policy
- University of Michigan Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- University of Minnesota Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- University of Southern California Master of Public Diplomacy Program
- Yale University Jackson Institute for Global Affairs
APSIA is also grateful to the Open Society Foundations and the Robertson Foundation for Government for their support of this and other projects.