Recruitment Specialist – Maxwell School, Syracuse University, Dean’s Office
The position will be responsible for developing, supporting and assessing comprehensive recruitment plans for the Maxwell School graduate programs. The position holder will create, develop and implement initiatives to achieve overall goals with particular emphasis on enrollment in professional degree programs including MPA, MAIR, EMPA and EMIR. The position will perform a variety of professional and administrative tasks related to enrollment management and recruitment including: collaborating with the Dean of the Maxwell School and department chairs to set goals and targets for all phases of the enrollment process; developing and implementing comprehensive recruiting plans and marketing strategies; maintaining and building relationships and creative initiatives that help to generate a high quality applicant pool; using data to assess recruitment and marketing plans; and representing the Maxwell School at various recruitment events throughout the United States and abroad.
• At a minimum, the candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree.
• An advanced degree in international relations, public administration, or a related social science discipline is preferred.
• Preference given to candidate with at least 2 years of experience working in enrollment planning and/or recruitment in a higher education setting.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of and experience in enrollment planning and recruitment in a higher education setting.
• Knowledge of academic and professional fields of public administration and international relations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Facility with on-line information processing portals similar to TargetX, spreadsheets, data analysis, and predictive reasoning.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Ability to travel approximately 35% of time annually.
• In collaboration with the Dean of the Maxwell School and department chairs, set goals and targets for all phases of the enrollment process from applications through admissions and matriculation to include headcount; objective credentials; demographics; and net tuition revenue.
• In collaboration with faculty, departmental staff, and the Director of Communications develop comprehensive recruiting plans, effective digital marketing strategies, and communication programs implemented through the constituent management relations (CRM) system, TargetX.
• Maintain and build relationships and implement creative programming initiatives that help to generate a diverse, high quality applicant pool.
• Ensure integrity of data collected through TargetX. Interpret, monitor and analyze information from TargetX and other sources related to prospective student inquiries, applications, admissions, and matriculation. Use information from TargetX and other sources to assess enrollment targets, recruitment strategies, and the effectiveness of communications.
• Travel to and represent the Maxwell School at various recruitment events throughout the United States and abroad
• Review requests for advertisement in conjunction with Director of Communications, Dean of External Affairs and department chairs; evaluate and assess effectiveness of advertising activities