As the Research and Communications Officer, you will work closely with the Head of Operations, as well as the Chair (head of unit) and other faculty and staff at the House of Innovation. Since this is a young unit, you will actively contribute to shaping new operations and how it interacts with the environment.
We offer you
We offer an exciting, fast-moving environment, with supportive colleagues and researchers in the forefront of their fields. For someone interested in learning more about Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Technology, this position offers a multitude of opportunity to learn, and take part of networks. We can promise a lot of exposure to new people and exciting knowledge.
About the role
Your role as Research and Communications Officer will be focused on supporting the department in research-related matters, as well as communicating the research done at the House via a multitude of channels. You will also help facilitate and administer the process of hiring new faculty. You will work in collaboration with the rest of the operations-team but have a lot of own responsibilities, as well as freedom to plan your work.
- Manage grant application processes and contribute to the writing of proposals
- Scan for funding and research opportunities and take initiatives to explore and assess the potential of new research projects with relevant faculty
- Lead and contribute to communicating research results, making them accessible to a broader audience, including commissioning or co-creating videos, conducting and writing up interviews, rewriting research for a practitioner audience, and interfacing with media actors in a range of channels, including social media, webpage, contact journalists etc.
- Manage the PhD application- and selection process, as well as being contact for the PhD’s at the House
- Manage the application-process and coordinate for Faculty hires
You are a driven organizer with an eye for details who can take initiative and drive processes forward. You are accurate and well aware of quality standards and work well with other people. Furthermore, you have excellent communications skills and can communicate with academics, practitioners and the media, through various channels and formats.
- A strong interest in innovation, digitalization and entrepreneurship, and wants to further develop your knowledge within these areas
- A skilled project manager (documented experience required)
- Exceptional spoken and written language and communication skills in English (Swedish skills are a plus)
- A strong digital skill set, enabling advanced and creative use of social media and other digital channels, as well as production of reports and presentations
- Experience from international settings
- A university degree and/or experience from an academic setting
The position is full time limited to at first 12 months and after that with a possible prolongation for additional 12 months. Please include your desired salary in your application.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Marie Wahlström, Head of Operations at the House of Innovation, +46 765 27 75 24, [email protected] (please cc: Linda Tarmet on all correspondence).
For questions concerning terms of employment, please contact Linda Tarmet, HR Business Partner, [email protected]
About the House of Innovation
The House of Innovation is an inter-disciplinary research, education and outreach environment at SSE. It produces scientifically based knowledge about innovation, digitalization and entrepreneurship relevant to academics, corporations, government agencies, civil society actors and individuals. In doing so, it interacts with an international network of scholars and academic institutions, as well as with corporate and institutional funders. The House encompasses the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology, the Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, and the Scania Center for Innovation and Operations Management.
About the Stockholm School of Economics
The Stockholm School of Economics is ranked as the top business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and enjoys a strong international reputation. World-class research forms the foundation of our educational offering, which includes Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA, and Executive Education programs. Our programs are developed in close cooperation with business and research communities, providing graduates with a solid basis for attaining leading positions in a broad range of companies and other organizations. The School is accredited by EQUIS, certifying that all of its principal activities – teaching as well as research – maintain the highest international standards. The Stockholm School of Economics is also the only Swedish member institution of CEMS and PIM, which are collaborations between top business schools worldwide, contributing to the high level of quality for which our school is known.
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.