The Master of Public Diplomacy combines the resources of the USC Annenberg School for Communication and USC College’s School of International Relations.
Students may emphasize public diplomacy training most appropriate for a career in public service, the corporate world or in a non-governmental organization working in the ever-expanding global civil society.
Upon successful completion of the Public Diplomacy program you should be able to:
1. understand and deploy a range of instruments to advance foreign policy goals by engaging foreign publics, beginning with listening;
2. approach issues related to foreign public engagement across a variety of times and geographical locations through multiple academic disciplines including those of Communication and International Relations in order to advance and inform professional practice;
3. work effectively as both a member of a team and as an individual researcher and/or practitioner in the field of foreign public engagement;
4. communicate persuasively and succinctly in spoken and written forms and in the genres of communication currently in use in professionally public diplomacy practice.
- Master of Public Diplomacy
- Master of Public Diplomacy Mid-Career Practitioner