The Advocacy Director will lead Foreign Policy for America’s efforts to engage and motivate grassroots supporters and amplify their voices with members of Congress. The Advocacy Director will grow our national network of supporters through digital campaigns and other initiatives, coordinate closely with advocacy partners to develop and jointly address our agenda, and design and implement grassroots campaigns that highlight our community’s voice in Washington. The Advocacy Director will report to the Executive Director.
Foreign Policy for America is a nonpartisan advocacy organization based in Washington, DC. We are building a diverse and active network of Americans who are committed to defending diplomacy and standing up for principled American engagement in the world. Our connected political action committee, the Foreign Policy for America Action Network, works to elect members of Congress who champion strong, principled American foreign policy. For more on our values, leadership, and work, visit https://www.fp4america.org.
– Develop and implement an ambitious strategy to grow our diverse online audience
– Develop and manage digital communications, including e-mails, social media, and digital ads, that engage and motivate our grassroots supporters to take action around key policy goals
– Coordinate the development of Foreign Policy for America’s biennial policy agenda and congressional scorecard in collaboration with allied organizations and key leaders
– Coordinate with partner advocacy organizations to foster coalitions and jointly implement impactful advocacy campaigns and events that leverage Foreign Policy for America’s unique strengths and assets
– Engage legislative staff on Capitol Hill to build partnerships and communicate policy priorities
– Develop online and print products that communicate detailed information about policy priorities
– Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Foreign Policy for America’s advocacy efforts, and report out analytics to measure return on investment
– Lead grassroots fundraising and contribute to organization-wide fundraising initiatives
Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
– Five or more years of combined experience in the two following categories:
— Researching, analyzing, or advocating for foreign-policy related legislation in congressional offices, non-profit advocacy organizations, or related organizations; AND/OR
— Managing or implementing digital campaigns and marketing initiatives, including experience with online advertising and list building, for political campaigns or non-profit advocacy organizations
– Experience with digital, event-based, and/or major donor fundraising
– Experience in growing diverse audiences across social platforms strongly preferred
– Experience leading successful advocacy campaigns that include a digital component strongly preferred
– Desire to work in a dynamic, demanding start-up environment where entrepreneurship, flexibility, and teamwork is required
– Passionate about community building
– Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects effectively while maintaining high quality standards
– Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Info@FP4America.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled.