Global Health Corps Fellow, Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy
**Note: Global Health Corps fellow roles do not require a doctorate degree.
The Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy will contribute to the implementation of IntraHealth’s policy and advocacy work on global health workforce and health systems priorities. Based in Washington, DC, the Associate will coordinate closely with IntraHealth staff in the Washington, DC, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and country offices; and with external stakeholders including US government officials in Congress and the Administration, other donor governments, multilaterals, representatives of partner NGOs, and the private sector.
The Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy will be a member of the Advocacy Department (housed in both DC and North Carolina offices), and will support several health workforce and global health-related activities, coalitions and partnerships, predominately the Frontline Health Workers Coalition (FHWC) and other partnerships. The Associate, based on skillset and interests, may be given additional responsibilities, including undertaking policy analysis and/or coordinating specific IntraHealth’s advocacy initiatives.
– Contribute to the implementation of IntraHealth’s policy and advocacy work on global health workforce and related activities, especially in support of the Frontline Health Workers Coalition (FHWC)
– Help to identify, cultivate, and expand network of key political allies, including USAID/Washington, other US government agencies, key lawmakers, Capitol Hill staffers, advocates, government officials, NGOs, faith-based organizations, multilaterals, and the private sector to advance the policy and advocacy agenda of IntraHealth and the coalitions which it leads
– Provide key stakeholders with information on a continuing basis through meetings, briefings, presentations, printed and electronic materials, and other appropriate means
– Coordinate and assist in managing educational and advocacy activities with Congressional offices
– Strengthen IntraHealth’s visibility and advocacy relationships through attendance at key events, forums, and hearings related to the health workforce and global health
– Conduct policy analysis and development of policy papers on global health workforce issues to support the advocacy agenda of IntraHealth and FHWC
– Assist in the operations of the FHWC and other coalitions in which IntraHealth plays a leading role
– Support logistics and agenda-setting for coalition meetings; assist in knowledge management for FHWC members and IntraHealth’s advocacy team; participate in coalition meetings and follow up on action items related to policy priorities
– Contribute to monitoring policy and advocacy environment related to global health workforce issues and to monitoring and evaluating the impact of IntraHealth’s policy and advocacy activities
Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree*
– Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in public policy, public health, international affairs, or related field
– Experience in networking, building relationships, and managing partnerships with a range of stakeholders, like coalitions*
– At least six months of experience working, interning, or volunteering in an office setting*
– Demonstrated experience translating technical information and materials (scientific or health-related) for policy-making or lay audiences*
– Demonstrated strong writing skills with experience capturing key points in briefings, presentations, or summaries*
– Knowledge and understanding of the functions, structures, and decision-making processes of the US government related to international development, including the legislative process, and familiarity with US government and international policies relating to global health*
– Strong organizational skills and ability to be flexible and operate well under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-task team environment*
– Experience in advocacy, including tactics for influencing decision and policy makers and other key actors
– Knowledge of and/or experience in UN/multilateral policy, health policies of low- and middle-income countries in which IntraHealth operates, and/or health workforce development
– Experience conducting policy analysis and/or developing policy papers
– Experience working on Capitol Hill or advocating to Congressional offices
– Experience working in low- or middle-income countries
– Working proficiency in French or Spanish
– Ability to multi-task and operate in a small-team based environment with minimal supervision
Click Apply To the Role through application website link provided below.