Research and Evaluation Director
The University of Minnesota Humphrey School of Public Affairs seeks a Research & Evaluation Director (Job ID 327842).
This position directs the research and evaluation activities of the Future Services Institute. Because we partner closely with county, state and nonprofit organizations, the position requires a researcher skilled in evaluation and social science methods, attentive to detail, and with a proven ability to help others use research for problem solving. This person works collaboratively with project teams, providing analytical and technical skills to assure data integrity, security, and quality. He/she should be a seasoned professional who feels confident working with people with different vantage points, including faculty scholars and nonprofit service providers, state government managers and nonprofit staff.
• Requires BA/BS with at least eight years of experience or advanced degree with six years of experience.
• Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods, including primary data collection.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member, function comfortably in an academic setting, and interact with a diverse group of individuals, organizations and the public.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer proficiency required, including: MS Office, statistical and qualitative data analysis software.
• PhD and at least 3 years professional experience.
• Track record of professional publications, such as peer-reviewed articles or multi-media content
• Comfort in national and state social policy research and evaluation networks
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “Add Attachments” section.
This position will remain open until filled.