Associate Director, Bachelor in Economics Program
The IE University School of Global and Public Affairs seeks an Associate Director to be responsible for the delivery and day-to-day management of the Bachelor in Economics (BIE) program. This comprises coordinating tasks among various team members; overseeing the implementation of guidelines and policies; monitoring logistics and operations; supporting faculty members; and overall responsibility for student services – including the direct services by the BIE Program Management team and coordination with various departments to ensure a world-class BIE experience for students.
The Associate Director will report to the Executive Director of undergraduate programs of the School. The associate director will manage a future team of Program Coordinators and Program Assistants, and will interact with Faculty, Students, different departments of IE and external agencies required for running the program.
The post can be located in the campus in Madrid or Segovia, and will include regular visits to the other campus.
Key Action Areas:
- Assist the Academic Coordinator and the Executive Director in the lead and coordination of the new Bachelor in Economics.
- Coordinate and supervise the key administrative processes to improve and implement the new program.
- Provide data and information to improve the program.
Interaction with students and professors:
- Meet with students in order to solve issues, offer advice, and/or give support with empathy and sensitivity on a daily basis.
- Co-manage the relationship with class representatives.
- Support students facing academic difficulties or overall challenges with the program experience.
- Lead the communication to the student body.
- Identify ways to improve the student experience.
- Liaise with professors to communicate specific student’s or group’s situations, request feedback, ensure timely submission of grades, syllabi, etc.
- Maintain and enhance academic guides and other materials for students and faculty.
Interaction with other departments:
- Coordinate and supervise key administrative processes throughout the year with the relevant departments and team members on exchanges, internships, final projects (TFG), credit recognitions, etc.
- Collaborate with the departments of Admissions, Marketing, Planning, Documentation, Student Services, Campus Life, Registrar’s Office, Maintenance, etc.
- Oversee the appropriate execution of the operational budget of the program.
- Assist the Executive Director in the coordination and implementation of new curricular and extracurricular innovations.
- Provide high-quality data and information to the Executive Director and track on measurement of student performance and achievements.
- Supervise, coordinate and coach Program Assistants and Program Coordinators with professionalism and professional maturity.
- Take responsibility for special projects. This may include components of the program design, communications revamp projects, etc.
- Master’s Degree, preferably within the field of Economics or similar, from a relevant university.
- Bilingual, or advanced proficiency, in English and Spanish (written and oral).
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, including supervisory functions.
- Strong management capabilities, solid customer management skills, ability to work under pressure and high level of accountability.
- Management experience in the educational sector is a plus.
- Candidates must possess a valid EU work permit.
Applications accepted at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/associate-director-bachelor-in-economics-at-ie-school-of-global-and-public-affairs-1072022673/.