Head of Communications
As head of the communications department your mission is to build and sustain the Institute’s image and reputation to support the Institute’s strategic plan and objectives. You are responsible for driving corporate strategy and message development through all communications channels and for managing the department (nine persons).
Mission and activities
- Develop a cohesive global communications strategy;
- Lead and motivate the communication team and cultivate an environment of client-focus and efficiency;
- Oversee the student recruitment and other promotional campaigns of the Institute;
- Write, deliver and/or coordinate news and other content on all digital and print platforms;
- Promote a large number of public events to support the brand of the Institute;
- Oversee the development and management of the website, social media, and marketing and media tools;
- Ensure a consistent editorial line, from design to production and distribution, including quality control across all media;
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations;
- Coordinate communications activities throughout the Institute’s departments, centres and other entities;
- Manage relationships with independent partners and consultants;
- Undertake other tasks as delegated by senior management;
- Report on activities.
- University degree in communication, journalism, marketing or public relations;
- English mother-tongue with total command of the French language (written and spoken).
- 8-10 years of experience in communications and/or marketing, and at least 3 years in managing an internal communications team in an international environment in the public, non-profit, academic or cultural sector;
- Digital fluency with a solid experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, CRM database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaignsStrong written/oral communications, research and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly matrixed environment;
- Extensive experience in project management and event promotion;
- Expertise across various communication activities (media, corporate, external, internal, web, social media, direct marketing, events etc.), in web-based technologies, and with managing communication suppliers and agencies;
- Work experience in “International Geneva” is a plus;
- A person who is charismatic and energetic, rigorous and organised, caring and attentive, and has a passion and understanding for international affairs.
We Offer You:
An attractive job combining autonomy and accountability in a professional and international domain. A professional development opportunity in a challenging environment.
Is this you? If yes, it would be our pleasure, in the strictest of confidence, to receive your application. Please submit your CV, a letter of motivation and copies of work certificates.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute’s website: graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won’t be considered.