Texas A&M University’s Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Faculty Fellows Program is a faculty pipeline initiative that connects those advancing outstanding scholarship with relevant disciplinary units on campus. ACES Faculty Fellows are hired as Visiting Assistant Professors with the expectation of transitioning to tenure track (pending departmental review) at the end of the fellowship period. For 2021 (with Fellows to begin fall 2022), the ACES Faculty Fellows Program is funded by the Office of the Provost, and administered by the Office for Diversity at Texas A&M in partnership with the The Bush School of Government and Public Service.
In recognition of Texas A&M University’s Diversity Plan, the ACES FacultyFellows Program promotes the research, teaching, and scholarship of early career scholars who embrace the belief that diversity is an indispensable component of academic excellence. From this experience at Texas A&M, fellows should develop an understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion and the power that it holds for students, faculty, and staff to enrich their lives.
As a Tier 1 research and land-grant institution, Texas A&M upholds its responsibility to accountability, campus climate, equity, and scholarship by maintaining a campus that affirms equity and fosters inclusion and belonging. Significantly, Texas A&M holds itself accountable to improved campus climate and equity goals through clear, accessible measures.
ACES Faculty Fellows are afforded access to invaluable academic and professional development experiences to advance their careers as scholars. The objective is for ACES Faculty Fellows to transition to tenure-track faculty at the conclusion of the fellowship. ACES Faculty Fellows will benefit from: prescriptive mentoring, access to instructional best practices, a vast array of world-class research and productivity resources, and a robust network of renowned Texas A&M scholars from across disciplines.
ABOUT THE 2021-2022 ACES FACULTY FELLOWS PROGRAM
- Texas A&M University’s ACES Fellows Program is a two-year (24 month) fellowship for early career PhDs. Applicants should have earned their PhD between January 1, 2018 and July 1, 2022. Fellows begin their appointment in fall 2022.
- The benefits and stipend are department specific. Benefits including medical, dental, and vision are available. The fellowship period generally begins August 1 and ends on July 31. Start dates are negotiable, but must commence between July 1 and August 10.
- ACES Faculty Fellows will receive reimbursement for one-time relocation fees (up to $5,000), a research and travel allowance as specified in the position description, and a private office.
- ACES Faculty Fellows will teach one course per academic year, thereby benefiting from dedicated research time. Fellows will hold the title of Visiting Assistant Professor.
- A hallmark of the Texas A&M University’s ACES Faculty Fellows Program is the mentoring ACES Faculty Fellows will receive, as well as its attention to community-building among ACES Faculty Fellows.