Students at Johns Hopkins SAIS are encouraged to study with purpose and tailor their coursework to best fit their career interests. Learning from accomplished faculty across three global campuses gives students a strong understanding of economics and theories of international relations, as well as regional expertise, diplomatic skills, language proficiency, and the capacity to apply theory to real-world problems. This is the Johns Hopkins SAIS Advantage.
A GLOBAL FOOTPRINT
Johns Hopkins SAIS’ three campuses are strategically located to better understand the rebalancing of the world: the economic growth of Asia, the political and demographic changes in Europe, and the evolving role of the United States in the world. A physical presence within three continents provides expanded professional opportunities.
Through a curriculum strongly rooted in the study of international relations, economics, and regional studies, Johns Hopkins SAIS students learn to address multifaceted challenges facing the world today. With more than twenty regional and policy areas from which to choose, students are encouraged to tailor their academic coursework to align with their career interests.
The Johns Hopkins SAIS language program trains students to gain foreign language proficiency to discuss and debate important policy issues, while also expanding professional opportunities overseas. Whether you are discussing expansion strategy with global partners, using diplomacy to mitigate regional conflict, or connecting with underserved populations on humanitarian missions, using a native language to communicate will open doors to cultures and countries.
Journalists, politicians, academics, and the private sector turn to Johns Hopkins SAIS as a source for timely policy analysis. Scholars from our research centers and institutes analyze difficult foreign policy issues while convening academics, policymakers and leaders of the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to debate alongside students.
- HNC Certificate in Chinese and American Studies
- Master of Arts in International Studies
- HNC Certificate in Chinese and American Studies + Master of Arts
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Master of Arts in Global Policy
- Master of International Public Policy
- Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance
- Master of Arts in Global Risk
- Master of Arts in International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Global Risk (Online)
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Energy (Online)
- Master of Arts in Strategic and Intelligence Studies
- PhD in International Relations
- Doctor of International Affairs
- Diploma in International Studies