Position: International Communication and Marketing Internship (Spring, Summer, Fall)
Location: Any location possible; must be eligible to work in the US and have some availability on ET business hours
Hours: Flexible, minimum three days / week
Compensation: $500 stipend per internship term
What you do for APSIA:
- Create website, social media, video, print, and other content to promote APSIA and its events to relevant audiences around the world
- Work with the Admissions Manager to publicize APSIA events to target audiences in different locations around the world across all channels
- Create student and alumni profiles for APSIA’s website and marketing materials to tell the story of what can be done with an APSIA degree
- Work with Executive Director and Admissions Manager to evaluate marketing analytics and Return on Investment
- Work with the Admissions Manager to grow APSIA’s network of student advisors and influencers in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America
Additional projects may include:
- Work with the Executive Director to promote APSIA, its programs, and its members to the international affairs industry in Asia and Europe (think tanks, academic institutions, governments, etc.)
- Work with the Executive Director and regional committees of members to identify prospective members and affiliates in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America
- Identify and support APSIA and/or its members’ participation in relevant events in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America
What you bring to APSIA:
- Status as current student or recent graduate.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Excellent command of MS-Office Suite.
- Experience with Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite).
- Basic HTML helpful.
- Experience creating social media graphics preferred.
- Previous office experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision required.
What you get from an APSIA internship:
- Practical experience in multicultural, multinational marketing
- A portfolio of projects tailored to a variety of international audiences
- Strong connections to top schools of international affairs
- Experience in outreach, analysis, and project management
- Insights into educational and career trends that will help you shape your career.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, writing sample (2 pages maximum), and two points of reference to apsia AT apsia.org. Please include your desired beginning and end dates and available number of hours per week in your cover letter.
- Spring – Apply by November 30
- Summer – Apply by April 18
- Fall – Apply by August 11
APSIA does not have the ability to support visas or work permits. APSIA actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation.