Position: Intern (Spring, Summer, Fall)
Location: Washington DC or virtual placements available
Hours: Flexible, minimum two days / week
What you do for APSIA:
- Assist in the planning and promotion of APSIA’s in-person and virtual events.
- Help to prepare internal and external communication tools, including our quarterly newsletter, social media posts, event promotional pieces, and member communications.
- Support the analysis of trends across APSIA member schools and the broader field.
- Support outreach to and the cultivation of current and prospective APSIA members.
- Support the daily administrative tasks of the office, including maintenance of APSIA’s website and presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to APSIA:
- Status as current graduate or undergraduate student preferred.
- Previous office experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision required.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office Suite. Knowledge of WordPress, social media, and basic HTML helpful.
What you get from an APSIA internship:
- Strong connections to top schools of international affairs
- Experience in outreach, analysis, and project management
- Insights into educational and career trends that will help you shape your career.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (2 pages maximum) to apsia AT apsia.org. Please include your desired beginning and end dates and available number of hours per week in your cover letter.
APSIA does not have the ability to support visas or work permits. APSIA actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation.