Deputy Director, Fundraising Team
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund is looking for a seasoned professional to join our global fundraising team, as we continue an exciting period of fast growth. One Acre Fund aspires to be the worlds largest and most impactful non-profit organization. To a large extent, the future growth of One Acre Fund in the next ten years will hinge on our ability to mobilize funding resources and put them in service to rural farmers.
One Acre Fund will raise over $80 million USD in 2019, becoming one of just a few hundred nonprofits founded in the past few decades to achieve this milestone, and in doing so, will fuel our field program to end chronic hunger for at least 900,000 farm families with over 3 million children. One Acre Funds unique model matches $1 of raised revenue with $3-4 of farmer revenue in our core program; fundraising also supports innovation and corporate expenses.
You will report directly to the Head of Fundraising, and represent a senior leadership role on the 30-person team. You will provide oversight of the daily running of the fundraising department and input on team structure, systems, and portfolio.
You will work with the Head of Fundraising and senior fundraisers on the team to pursue an $80M+ annual fundraising portfolio, made up of donors from across the public, institutional, and individual donor segments. We are fortunate to work with some of the worlds most innovative global funding partners, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Global Innovation Fund, IKEA Foundation, Skoll Foundation, USAID-DIV, and DGIS, to name a few. Our diverse funding partners represent high stewardship responsibility, and you will be asked to collaborate across our writing, finance, and compliance teams to support responsible management of our dynamic portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include:
40% of your time: Daily fundraising team oversight
• Prospecting: Work with team members to design and evaluate research projects – to analyze new geographies and markets, identify new donors, and unlock new network-building opportunities.
• Proposal and report writing: Work with grant writing team to design compelling grant proposals and reports. While this role will not directly write grants, we are looking for a candidate with strong writing skills, and the proven ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear, simple, and inspiring way.
• Donor meetings and presentations.
• Portfolio analysis and strategy.
20% of time: Fundraising Origination:
• Build a pipeline of fundraising opportunities, from foundations, governments, and individuals across the globe. Use this pipeline to steadily build own fundraising portfolio, and to open up funding opportunities for other senior fundraisers on the team. Directly contribute to the departments annual fundraising goals.
20% of time: Team-Wide Initiatives
• Design and execute high-value team-wide initiatives in collaboration with the Head of Fundraising, including annual budgeting, team hiring, managing and reviewing team-wide systems/structures.
20% of time: Strategic Input
• At the Fundraising Team level – Design and manage the Fundraising departments annual OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), working through and with other leaders on the team.
• At the organization-wide level – Work with senior leadership across the organization, on partnership design, resource allocation, and fundraising-field team collaboration.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for someone with a robust senior leadership experience, with 10+ years of relevant background in fundraising and people management. You should be able to demonstrate a track record of fundraising success.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Likely hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, communications, business, or international development/policy subjects.
• Speak the language of business and non-profits/social enterprises. Our donors are looking for someone with business fluency (e.g. financial sustainability, return on investment, impact per donor dollar).
• Experience handling a complex scope of people and funding projects.
• Language: Fluent English.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Minimum of 2 years commitment, full-time job
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; African nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9j2jjpbdjw545p72