Growth Launcher, US – Francophone Africa
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders — also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) — we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of the population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
Your role will be to lead the launch of Taptap Send in the remittance market from the US to Francophone Africa, with a particular focus on Cameroon, Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, the Republic of the Congo, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. You’ll quickly understand the customer and community, build an initial strategy, execute on growth tactics, track and report on their success, and iterate overtime to ensure that we hit our growth targets. The role offers the chance to join an early-stage, high-growth startup and to have a positive impact on the communities we serve. Plus, you’ll be part of a fun, collaborative team that is highly oriented towards professional growth.
You will lead growth efforts, including:
1. Build trust-based relationships with diaspora communities through in-person and online communication
2. Conduct customer research with transfer senders on a regular basis
3. Initiate, negotiate and build partnerships with community associations and organizations
4. Set up offline and online advertising campaigns
5. Source and lead community ambassadors
1. 2-5+ years in a high-growth environment such as marketing, consulting, political campaigns, startups / entrepreneurship, and much more
2. Based in the United States
3. Exceptional knowledge and networks in the diaspora or ability to quickly build them
4. Fluent in English and French, with fluency in other diaspora languages a plus
5. Business development/sales/marketing background is a strong plus
Also, you are:
1. Outgoing – you love speaking to people and enjoy building meaningful relationships with customers and community members across cultures
2. Execution oriented – we are an early-stage startup with an “impact-first” philosophy and a lot to be done. You should be able to take an idea to implementation
3. Mission-oriented – you are passionate about working with immigrant communities and/or financial inclusion
4. Driven – you thrive in fast-paced, target-oriented, dynamic environments
5. Strategic – you make reasoned decisions based on available data and communicate your ideas in a structured way
6. Flexible – you are comfortable setting your working hours to accomplish your goals, including work commitments on nights and weekends (e.g. events or customer meetings)
7. Organized – you have a system for how you approach your work that can keep you on track in a scrappy startup environment
Competitive pay (based on experience)
Regular team events with the team
Work from home/remote-friendly
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real – any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit your resume and application through Lever, and then we will be in contact with you! The process is as follows:
1. 30-minute intro call
2. 1st round interview
3. HW Assignment
4. 2nd Round Interview w/ senior growth team
5. 3rd Round Interview w/ senior leadership