Program Coordinator, International Affairs
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
A high performing Program Coordinator to join our International Affairs department. The Program Coordinator will plan for and deliver timely and effective program support to ASCO’s international programs, to positively impact the delivery of cancer care around the world.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
What you will do:
• Coordinate meetings with international organizations and stakeholders, including meeting scheduling and logistics, note-taking, and related follow-up
• Maintain a database (in CRM) of international organizations and international VIPs and coordinating related communications between ASCO and international organizations
• Coordinate with Marketing/Communications ASCO communications (including newsletters, ASCO Connection articles, and other mechanisms) that raise awareness of ASCO programs, products, and services among members outside the U.S.
• Coordinate preparation of departmental communications to external audiences, including updating webpages, brochures, one-pagers, program descriptions, standard slide decks, etc.
• Coordinate departmental preparations for the Annual Meeting and onsite activities, including scheduling and logistics arrangements for international meetings and receptions, preparation and shipping of materials for the International Assistance Desk, supporting the orientation of interpreters, and supporting daily operations during the Meeting.
• Provide periodic administrative support to the department as needed
What you will need to be successful:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in healthcare, international affairs, or related field
• 4+ years of effective customer service experience within a professional work environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook) and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread a variety of internal and external communications
• Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent customer service skills
• Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative, time management, and organizational skills to prioritize work to deliver results with attention to detail
• Highly organized with a demonstrated track record of supporting multiple simultaneous projects
• Comfortable working with and learning new technology and handling data
• Able to think critically to deliver the best possible volunteer experience
• Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information and collaborate with professional volunteer members and internal stakeholders
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
• International experience (including knowledge of a second language, study or work abroad, etc.)
• Experience using SmartSheet
• Volunteer management experience
• Fast-paced office environment with extended periods seated in front of a computer and using other office equipment
Must lift up to 10 lbs.
• 1-5 days/year
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please submit your application following this link: https://asco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ASCO/job/Alexandria-VA/Program-Coordinator–International-Affairs_R537