Global Health Corps Fellow, Communications Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy
**Note: Global Health Corps fellow roles do not require a doctorate degree.
The Communications Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy will contribute to the implementation of IntraHealth’s advocacy and communications strategy that supports the mission of empowering health workers around the globe. Based in Washington, DC, the Associate will coordinate closely with IntraHealth staff in the Washington, DC and Chapel Hill, North Carolina offices, country offices, and with external stakeholders, including representatives of partner NGOs, media, and the private sector.
The Communications Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy will be a member of the Advocacy Department (housed in both DC and North Carolina offices), and will support IntraHealth’s policy and advocacy communications-related activities, particularly in support of several health workforce-related coalitions, predominately the Frontline Health Workers Coalition, Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition, and other partnerships. The Communications Associate, Global Policy and Advocacy, based on the Associate’s skillset and interests, may be given additional coordination responsibilities on at least one of IntraHealth’s initiatives.
– Contribute to the implementation of IntraHealth’s policy and advocacy communications on global health workforce and related activities
– Provide basic website writing and management, social media support, website updates, blog management, and drafting and copy editing written materials, including talking points and publications
– Strengthen IntraHealth’s visibility through attendance at and digitally reporting from key events, forums, and hearings related to the health workforce and global health
– Write technical articles and commentaries, blogs, and other content for publication
– Support implementation of IntraHealth’s advocacy strategy, with an emphasis on social media
– Contribute to monitoring media environment related to global health workforce issues and to monitoring and evaluating the impact of IntraHealth and its supported coalitions’ communications activities
– Assist in the operations of the Frontline Health Workers Coalition, Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition, and other coalitions in which IntraHealth plays a leading role
– Assist in research, writing, report production, and other activities for the Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition
– Support logistics and agenda-setting for coalition meetings; assist in knowledge management for coalitions and IntraHealth’s Advocacy team; participate in coalition meetings and follow up on action items related to policy priorities
Skills and Experience
– Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, public health, or related field
– Experience in communicating for advocacy or policy change*
– Professional experience managing social media accounts, especially in an advocacy, global health, and/or development context*
– Strong writing skills, as evidenced by past publications, articles, blog posts, talking points, or other written materials*
– Demonstrated experience translating technical information and materials (scientific or health-related) for general audiences*
– Strong organizational skills and ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-task team environment*
– At least six months of experience working, interning, or volunteering in an office setting
– Experience managing a website and/or blog
– Experience in networking, building relationships, and managing partnerships with a range of stakeholders
– Knowledge of and/or experience in global health
– Experience planning and implementing social media campaigns with clear advocacy goals
– Working proficiency in French or Spanish
– Ability to multi-task and work in a small-team based environment with minimal supervision
– Skills in photography, or passion to photograph and improve skills
– Experience or interest in humanitarian settings
Click Apply To the Role through application website link provided below.