Global Health Corps Fellow, Advocacy Technical Specialist
**Note: Global Health Corps fellow roles do not require a doctorate degree.
The Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP) aims to develop and improve the enabling environment for hygiene by advocating for handwashing with soap in relevant policies, strategies, and programs, and by supporting others to be hygiene advocates. The Advocacy Technical Specialist will develop and disseminate advocacy materials, identify advocacy opportunities, and manage social media and other campaigns for the GHP. One example of a major campaign is around Global Handwashing Day, which is celebrated by hundreds of millions of people each year on October 15th. The fellow will be responsible for monitoring global and country-level advocacy opportunities and recommending advocacy actions for the GHP. The Technical Specialist will produce materials, such as briefing documents and social media toolkits, and support our partners and network to advocate for hygiene.
This role will function collaboratively with the GHP Secretariat Director, and will be a member of the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) team at FHI 360. The Advocacy Technical Specialist will also coordinate with the GHP’s Steering Committee partners and other members to deliver the GHP’s advocacy strategy.
– Develop and disseminate advocacy tools, papers, and materials to promote handwashing in key audiences
– Coordinate the GHP’s efforts to lead Global Handwashing Day, including developing social media content, supporting celebrants in planning events, and managing the GHP’s campaign
– In collaboration with the GHP Secretariat and partners, co-author reports or briefing documents to support hygiene advocacy
– Identify advocacy opportunities for the GHP to advocate for hygiene on global and national levels
– Support GHP members’ advocacy efforts, including providing tools and resources, attending or speaking at partner events, and co-developing events or campaigns
– Use social media and web content to grow the GHP’s advocacy audience
– Engage GHP partners in advocacy efforts, and research potential advocacy partners for the GHP
Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree*
– Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in public health, international development, or a related field
– At least three years of experience in relevant advocacy work*
– At least two years of experience with the use of social media, blogging, and/or web content in a professional setting*
– Excellent written communication ability, with experience producing materials for external audiences such as briefing documents, advocacy messages, or social media kits*
– Understanding of global health and/or international development policies, actors, and initiatives, such as the Sustainable Development Goals*
– Experience working in dynamic team environment*
– Experience managing external partnerships, ideally in a coalition or public-private partnership models
– Working proficiency in a language other than English
– Experience planning and coordinating advocacy campaigns
– Experience with basic social media tools such as HootSuite and Keyhole
– Ability to meet deadlines and work in a collaborative team environment
– Attention to detail
– Creative thinker
– Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities
Click Apply To the Role through application website link provided below.