Associate Global Portfolio Analyst
Eaton Vance’s Global Income Department manages over $12 billion across multiple absolute return, fixed income, and equity investment strategies. The group employs a top down, country by country investment process that focuses on analyzing the political and economic conditions in countries around the globe. Its funds’ investment strategies employ a wide range of financial instruments including sovereign and corporate credit, foreign exchange, interest rate and credit derivatives, commodities, and equities. The department invests directly in almost all global markets and frequently in emerging and frontier markets. Work with Portfolio Managers and Traders on the management and implementation of the portfolios. The Portfolio Management team routinely engages in projects to identify investment ideas to improve investment performance.
• Works directly with senior portfolio managers, analysts and traders on a variety of projects of a quantitative nature.
• Organize and quantitatively analyze large data sets to identify potential investment opportunities.
• Conduct portfolio analysis leading to investment decisions resulting from findings.
• Design and build applications to analyze and visualize data for the purpose of research and portfolio management.
• Interpret portfolio data and attribution analysis and communicate results verbally and in written
• Conduct competitor analysis to understand how our funds are relatively positioned with respect to our
• Continuously develop tools to make the job more efficient.
• Assists with other Department projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Major in economic, finance, or quantitative subjects. Work towards CFA is a
plus. Work towards a CFA or equivalent is expected upon hire.
• 3+ years of related work experience or Master’s Degree.
• Programming skills in R, Python, C#, SQL, or other languages.
• Ability to work with large data sets and strong numerical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong attention to details.
• Ability to be flexible with regards to work hours.
• Self-starter with an ability to work independently.
Please apply online through our careers webpage: https://eatonvance.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Professional/job/Massachusetts-Office-Boston/Associate-Global-Portfolio-Analyst_JR002692