External Relations Internship
The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Americas is seeking volunteer undergraduate interns to work on a part-time basis to support the activities of its office in Washington, DC, for Fall 2019, from September to December (depending on intern availability).
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Be at least a college sophomore in good standing studying security studies, international relations, or a related field. Only currently enrolled students will be considered.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or the equivalent.
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work in a small team environment.
- Be eligible to work in the US. IISS-Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits. Please include your work eligibility in your application.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading international think tank.
Duties will include:
- Database management.
- Membership research and outreach strategy enhancement for members in the DC and New York area.
- Assisting with Congressional and federal government outreach and external relations.
- Event, administrative, and operations support. You will be expected to assist with IISS-Americas events and daily administrative tasks. Those with previous office experience are preferred.
- Cover letter (specify dates and times available)
The resume and cover letter should be sent as two separate PDF files via email to [email protected], with the subject line: “Your Name – Fall 2019 External Relations Internship Application.” Please include your full name in the title for each separate document.
This internship is unpaid. Applications will not be considered complete until all materials are received.