The Peace Operations Training Institute is a nonprofit organization based in Williamsburg, VA. We provide e-learning on peacekeeping, humanitarian relief, and related topics to United Nations Peacekeepers worldwide. Recruitment for a Grants Specialist is now open. Please provide a cover letter and resume.
As a Grants Specialist, you will report to the Treasurer and create timely budgets, financial reports, and grant applications/proposals. You will also be responsible for organizing and tracking various grants in progress.
• Ensure compliance with financial and administrative aspects of grants;
• Prepare appropriate reports for funders and ensure work within deadlines and compliance on all contracts;
• Provide ongoing financial oversight of grants and contracts including tracking funds, evaluating expenditures, forecasting, and preparation and submission of interim and final reports;
• Manage the budgeting process for grants and contracts;
• Aid in purchasing, payment of services, and reimbursement of expenses;
• Assist in fundraising research and ongoing initiatives; and
• Other finance-related tasks.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel software;
• Grant management experience;
• Skills in and preparing for external audits as well as reporting;
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail; and
• Ability to handle confidential and non-routine information with sensitivity.
• Nonprofit experience;
• Experience managing four or more concurrent grants;
• Experience working with grants from government agencies and ministries of foreign affairs;
• Accounting experience; and
• An interest in the POTI mission.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]