Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Procurement Administrator is responsible for reviewing subaward and procurement documentation and processes. This role involves drafting solicitations, contracts, organizing and storing documents, creating purchase orders, updating records, and responding to procurement related inquiries and issues. The Procurement administrator is also responsible for reviewing cost reimbursable financial reports and invoice documentation to process payments for contracts and subawards.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration or equivalent experience.
• Three-five years of professional contracts and grants administration experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Able to balance multiple ongoing projects and meet deadlines.
• Capable of working under pressure and able to prioritize.Good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of applicable federal government circulars 2 CFR 200 (OMB A-110, A-122 and A-133), preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Willingness to learn software, systems, and processes and to take the initiative to understand, create, and refine best practices.
• Ability to prioritize various daily/weekly/monthly tasks and projects while working in a fast-moving environment.
• Knowledge of electronic systems (including JAMIS, Cost Point, Cognos, Quicken, QuickBooks, Concur or similar financial systems).
• Innovative, creative, customer service oriented and enthusiastic approach.
• Ability to be detail-orientated and highly organized.
• Spanish, French, Arabic, or Russian language skills (preferred but not required).
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Organizes and maintains subaward files
• Provides first review of subawards and contracts packages prior to signature
• Provides first review of subaward reports, modifications and closeouts.
• Interacts with program staff and explaining the different mechanisms available to them.
• Conducts in depth reviews of subaward and contract scopes of work, solicitations and proposals, and assesses risk associated with subawards.
• Trains subrecipients and contractors on terms of agreement and reporting.
• Supports procurement and program staff with management and analysis of financial reports and invoices/payment processing relevant to all grants within a portfolio, including proactive oversight and analysis of budgets, expenditures, salary and benefits allocations, per diem verifications and related accounting duties to ensure fulfillment of each grant’s objectives and compliance with funder regulations, IRI policies.
• Reviews cost reimbursable financial reports required by funders and/or IRI management.
• Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of funder’s and IRI’s financial policies and procedures and serving as a resource for program teams.
• Reviews and processes invoice reconciliations/bills for assigned portfolio.
• Establishes, maintains, and develops productive working relationship with expatriate staff, local/field/project accountants, DC program, Procurement and Program Services colleagues.
• Documents incomplete financial report documentation identifies missing documentation and works with clients to obtain the missing financial report documentation.
• Assists with annual, funders’ and program audit preparation.
• Performs other accounting and administrative tasks as assigned or deemed necessary.
Successful candidate must submit a cover letter and resume. Learn more and apply here.