Full Time / Part time: Full Time
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Salary: Minimum salary $37,000 (+eligible for overtime). Salary is commensurate with skills and experience, and geographic location
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, RX and Life insurance; generous paid time off and floating holidays; 403(b) match after first year of employment; generous tuition support for employees and dependents at Butler University after first year of employment. Enjoy flexible work arrangements and an appreciation for work/life balance.
Location: Remote USA
Reports to: Director, Student Engagement
Do you enjoy being a part of a student’s journey of personal, academic and intercultural growth?
Are you passionate about making international education a reality for all students?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
As an Admissions Counselor, you will serve as an expert on your program portfolio as it relates to program knowledge, location, academics and student support. You will track student and university trends, both domestic and abroad, reporting and making recommendations related to your program portfolio with enrollment in mind, as well as being responsive and service oriented for our students, families, US advisors and overseas institutions.
IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a US-based nonprofit organization, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. We believe that a global learning experience is an essential part of a student’s learning journey. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. We are committed to building a community where the thoughts and opinions of all team members are valued and contribute to our collective success, just as we build programs with the same focus. If you share our unwavering commitment to Inclusive Excellence and want to join a community that actively strives to improve in all that we do, IFSA is the place for you.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
• Oversee student advising for an assigned portfolio
• Operate with a service-oriented mindset to quickly respond to student inquires and U.S. institutional partners, and collaborate internally with IFSA colleagues
• Advising students on matters impacting enrollment decisions such as: location, program choice, program features, course selection, transfer credit; and may include pre-travel elements such as: special needs, visa processes, travel, and pre-departure preparations.
• Maintaining accurate and complete student records, ensuring data integrity within the system. Creating and running reports for those records.
• Analyzing data trends based on program portfolio, making recommendations for improvements ease of process for students and home institution advisors.
• Helping to cultivate and model practices and behaviors that reflect IFSA’s organizational commitments of inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning, and enduring impact.
• Having additional opportunities that may include contributing to other IFSA site operations via remote work and working with other IFSA departments such as Institutional Engagement; or contributing to cross-functional projects.
Requirements, Work Experience and Education
• One – two years of work experience; desired industries include study abroad, higher education, sales, hospitality, or non-profit.
• Contagious enthusiasm for IFSA’s mission, vision and commitments.
• Having a solutions-finding approach to work, with a goal to deliver results and continuously improve processes.
• Strong technology and software competencies, including the ability to engage with multiple systems, the Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with Salesforce or another CRM.
• Strong time management and planning skills, with the ability to work independently to execute time-sensitive tasks and duties successfully.
• Success in engaging with and supporting students with diverse lived experiences including students of color, students with mental and physical disabilities, first-generation college students, and LGBTQIA+ students.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in ambiguous and changing situations and to shift focus and reprioritize work as needed.
• Undergraduate degree preferred. Familiarity with the USA undergraduate education system required.
• The legal right to work in the US.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
• Working on a computer, placing phone/video calls.
• Ability to attend occasional meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume for this position via IFSA’s career page: https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/
In your cover letter, we would like to get a sense of how you define inclusivity, and how you strive to practice this value in your personal and professional life. If possible, please share with us an experience that reflects your commitment to inclusiveness.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.