Director, Student Engagement
Director, Student Engagement
Full Time / Part time: Full Time
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Salary: Minimum salary $63,000. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience, and geographic location
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, RX and Life insurance; generous paid time off and floating holidays; 403(b) match after first year of employment; generous tuition support for employees and dependents at Butler University after first year of employment. Enjoy flexible work arrangements and an appreciation for work/life balance.
Location: Remote USA
Reports to: Interim VP, Engagement and Marketing
Are you a life-long learner, curious about the world around you?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
Do you enjoy creating strategies and developing solutions to deliver business results?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
The Director, Student Engagement has overall responsibility for developing recruitment strategies and managing student enrollment from the initial inquiry through to confirmed enrollment. In this position, you will manage a diverse team of Admissions Counselors and work directly with institutional partners and prospective students. Partnering with colleagues from Academic Programs, Institutional Engagement, Strategic Marketing and Strategic Initiatives, you will use data and analysis to drive decision-making, creating the ideal admissions experience for the students we serve.
IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a US-based nonprofit organization, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. We believe that a global learning experience is an essential part of a student’s learning journey. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. We are committed to building a community where the thoughts and opinions of all team members are valued and contribute to our collective success, just as we build program with the same focus. If you share our unwavering commitment to Inclusive Excellence and want to join a community that actively strives to improve in all that we do, IFSA is the place for you.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
• Developing and leading the overall strategy for the student admissions and enrollment experience with IFSA, with an overall goal to achieve enrollment targets across programs and locations and terms.
• Contributing directly to IFSA’s goals around Inclusive Excellence to properly support all students throughout the application process from start to finish.
• Monitoring effectiveness and efficiency of the Admissions Counselors’ workload, reallocating as necessary for optimal operations.
• Developing and monitoring reports to inform leadership and enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
• Liaising with Academic Programs team to ensure a smooth transition of the student experience.
• Helping to cultivate and model practices and behaviors that reflect IFSA’s organizational commitments of inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact.
• Contributing to emergency response and student incident management based on established protocol, and participating in after-hours emergency phone rotation.
• Having additional opportunities that may include: contributing to other IFSA site operations via remote work; and/or leading and contributing to cross-functional projects.
Requirements, Work Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters desirable
• 8+ years of professional experience, including experience leading a team
• Work experience in sectors such as higher education, study abroad, business, sales, hospitality or non-profit.
• Contagious enthusiasm for IFSA’s mission, vision and commitments.
• Aptitude to learn and embrace technology for solving business problems and improving efficiency, including proficiency with Salesforce or another CRM, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in ambiguous and changing situations and to shift focus and reprioritize work as needed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Success in working effectively with multiple stakeholders from diverse communities and cultures, including engaging with and supporting students with diverse lived experiences, such as students of color, students with mental and physical disabilities, first-generation college students, and LGBTQIA+ students.
• The legal right to work in the USA is required.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
• Working on a computer, placing phone/video calls.
• Ability to attend occasional meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations.
• Occasional domestic and international travel required
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume for this position via IFSA’s career page: https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/
In your cover letter, we would like to get a sense of how you define inclusivity, and how you strive to practice this value in your personal and professional life. If possible, please share with us an experience that reflects your commitment to inclusiveness.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.