Associate or Full Professor, Environmental Sustainability
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies seeks a scholar, trained in any relevant discipline or interdisciplinary program, with a prominent research profile in environmental sustainability, broadly understood. The appointment will be at the Associate or Full Professor rank, with tenure. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching in our undergraduate, certificate and MA programs in sustainability and have the opportunity to play a leading role in developing our emerging Sustainability Initiative, including fundraising, enhancing our research programming, and engaging with communities outside the university.
The Korbel School is a leader in international studies education and scholarship, serving a large undergraduate major, several MA degree programs, and a PhD program. We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment and particularly seek candidates with research, teaching, service, or life experiences that can contribute to realizing that commitment. We also encourage applications from candidates with non-traditional career paths and from international applicants.
- PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a relevant discipline or interdisciplinary program.
- A record of scholarly achievement appropriate for a tenured appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies.
- Experience in obtaining sponsored research funding.
- Ability to teach and conduct research in areas that are central to current debates in climate change, environmental sustainability more broadly, and the social, political, economic, or behavioral responses to those issues.
- Experience in seeking programmatic support from donors.
- Experience in successfully coordinating the efforts of staff and faculty for larger programs of research or outreach.
- Experience in engaging with local communities, policy-making bodies, or research, advisory or industrial institutions outside the university to further environmental sustainability.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by November 15, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Questions can be directed to the Committee Chair, Professor Jack Donnelly ([email protected]).
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.
The salary range for this position is:
Learn more at https://jobs.du.edu/en-us/job/493999/associate-or-full-professor-environmental-sustainability-josef-korbel-school-of-international-studies