Program Associate – Burma
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence: We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom: We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect: We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork: We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency: We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability: We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs for Burma.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Substantial involvement with managing the financial and administrative aspects of subawards and contracts, including tracking and following up on pending procurement requests, approvals, and monitoring once approved, as well as processing payments;
• Assists in drafting contracts, compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages;
• Assists with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), including coordinating and collecting M&E data with field staff, participating in regular M&E calls, tracking compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, and identifying where adjustments need to be made;
• Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders;
• Edits and summarizes weekly reports for internal and funder audiences;
• Assists in monitoring project spending and projecting costs;
• Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.;
• Maintains project site and documents;
• Compiles briefing books for trainers;
• Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for the Burma Team and Asia Division;
• Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.;
• Participates in program design and strategy brainstorming sessions;
• Participates in research and business development, such as in writing proposal portions and drafting budgets;
• Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field
• 0-1 years of experience in international development or related field
• Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• Excellent writing, research and communication skills
• International experience preferred
• Interest or experience in Southeast Asia/Burma preferred
• Ability to work remotely, independently and within a team
Please submit resume and cover letter to the company website.