Program Associate – Eurasia
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in Eurasia.
• Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
• 0-1 years of experience in international development or related field
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
• Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
• Accounting and procurement experience preferred.
• International experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Russian preferred.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved, including processing payments
• Assist in drafting contracts
• Assist in monitoring project spending and projecting costs
• Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders
• Edit and summarize weekly reports for internal and funder audiences
• Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages
• Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
• Compiles briefing books for trainers
• Maintains project site and documents
• Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for the Eurasia program and Regional Division, as needed
• Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc., always following pertinent security
• Assists with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), including participating in regular M&E calls, tracking compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, and identifying where adjustments need to be made
• Participates in program design and strategy brainstorming sessions
• Participates in business development, such as in writing proposal portions and drafting budgets
• Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Please submit both resume and cover letter to the company website.