About Trickle Up
Trickle Up was founded in 1979 on the belief that people have the power to transform their lives. We support people in extreme poverty and vulnerability advance their economic and social well-being. In partnership with local, national, and international organizations, we go to the hardest-to-reach places in the world to reach underserved and marginalized communities with breakthrough opportunities. Together, we equip women with the tools and support they need to forge sustainable pathways out of extreme poverty for themselves and their families. Our dedicated staff comes from all over the world. We have teams based in Guatemala and India, so we are always close to the communities we serve.
Visit www.trickleup.org for more information.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Officer will be a member of a three to four-person global communications team and have lead responsibility for Trickle Up’s website, social media, digital marketing, and creative services, and collateral production. This individual will support the communications team on branding and messaging; communications analytics; PR and thought leadership initiatives. The role will also work cross-departmentally with the individual giving and business development teams to support special events, institutional giving initiatives, and fundraising appeals and campaigns.
Manage and maintain Trickle Up’s website, including:
– Coordinating routine and time-sensitive updates and developing content across the website.
– Liaising with technical support and maintenance vendors to manage technical requirements.
– Implementing SEO principles across the site to boost search visibility and traffic.
Lead the execution of Trickle Up’s social media and digital marketing communications strategies through:
– Posting regularly and engaging supporters across all official Trickle Up social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
– Producing email campaigns, utilizing testing and data to optimize email delivery and subsequent supporter actions.
– Overseeing digital advertising.
Creative Services and Collateral Production
– In support of communications objectives and project team priorities, produce print and digital communications products, including video content.
– Maintain internal systems to ensure content is categorized, stored, and accessible.
Analysis and Reporting Support
– Assist in routine reporting of key communications performance metrics.
Messaging and Branding Support
– Onboard and train staff on branding and messaging standards; provide support to all staff in the use of branded templates and branding and messaging guidelines; draft and update
resources, talking points, and guidelines, as necessary.
– Working closely with the individual giving team, execute creative design and production for all print and digital fundraising appeals and campaigns.
– Execute the design and production for all special fundraising events and Gala materials.
PR and Thought Leadership Support
-Research media outlets and markets, create media lists, conduct media monitoring, and draft press releases, pitches, Op-Eds, and articles for external publication, as assigned.
-Assist in the execution of thought leadership events through collateral design and event production.
– Bachelor’s Degree required in Communications, Journalism, English, International Relations, Political Science, Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related.
– 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
Knowledge and skills
– Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, PremierePro, and InDesign with a strong command of graphic design and video editing and production.
– Proficiency in WordPress and/or other website development platforms.
– Proficiency in digital marketing analytics platforms, especially Google Analytics and Google Ads.
– Proficiency across social media platforms and with social media analytics/publishing tools.
– Strong project management and organizational skills.
– Knowledge of SEO principles preferred.
– Understanding of digital document management preferred.
– Interest in media relations. Experience media monitoring and pitching stories, and familiarity with Associated Press Style a plus.
– Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
– Able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
– Works well both independently and as a member of a team.
– Optimistic, creative, and solutions-oriented; tackles challenges with maturity and accountability.
– Superb people skills and diplomatic demeanor, as well as the ability to work with remote staff.
– Understands the challenges and opportunities of working in a small nonprofit setting.
– Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work.
– Enthusiasm and ability to travel to Trickle Up region(s).
– Fluency in English. Proficiency in another language, particularly Spanish, is a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefits program, including comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance.
To be considered, submit a cover letter and resume here. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Candidates must be qualified to work in the United States. We are sorry we are unable to entertain phone calls related to this posting.
Trickle Up is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and extend equal opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job functions.