The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Office of Career Services (OCS) provides career education, programming and coaching to Fletcher students and alumni to help them maximize their career opportunities. The OCS also manages and develops relationships with employers around the world.
The Assistant Director, Employer Relations cultivates, maintains and strengthens relations with employers who are seeking to fill internship and full-time positions that match the skills, interests and experience of Fletcher students. This person manages individual and multi-employer events for Fletcher’s key partners as well as collecting data for employment outcomes.
- Identify organizations in the private, public, international organization and non-profit sectors in which students have expressed the greatest interest and market The Fletcher School to their representatives, hiring managers, recruiters and alumni. The goal will be to cultivate internships and full-time career opportunities for Fletcher students.
- Manage on-going relationships with existing employers which includes organizing and hosting virtual and on-campus activities, interfacing/facilitating communication between employers and students, managing on-campus recruiting activities.
- Serve as lead staff on building and managing Professional Development Days, career trips, alumni chats, and other programming whether virtual, hybrid or in person
- Regularly assess evolving student career interests using survey instruments
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting and career field trends by interacting with employers regularly and reporting back to the Office of Career Services team
- Organize the master calendar of career events and ensure that Fletcher offers a balanced set of events for organizations and sectors of greatest interest to our students. Collaborate with other departments and faculty that also offer career-related programming.
- Deliver the timely communication of events to the Fletcher community (Fletcher CORE, myFletcher and contribute to the weekly OCS newsletter).
- Create, organize and deliver timely communications to employers; Develop website content for employers.
- Manage the career center management platform including working with system provider, updating the employer database, producing operational reports and ensuring staff and students are maximizing the full benefit of this system.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Partnerships and Experiential Learning; Look for other collaborations with those involved in employer relations at Fletcher and Tufts.
- Collect and manage student employment data for reporting outcomes
- Bachelor´s degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in relationship development and management
- Ability to create, plan, implement, and manage career programming
- Strong attention to detail for managing events.
- Demonstrated experience in use of computer applications, specifically Excel for data analysis, Zoom video conferencing, Qualtrics for surveys, career management systems and other web-based technology.
- Effective written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on teams.
- An understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as it relates to students and to Employer Relations
- Master´s degree
- Multicultural experience; career services experience
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Please apply online.