Research Fellow, Training & Community Development Team
Global Ties US seeks a Research Fellow to help us to develop a system to collect the data, from our 80+ Community-Based Members nationwide to ensure we’re receiving accurate economic impact data, and to help us tell a data-driven story about the economic and socio-cultural impact of international exchanges within the United States.
The Research Fellow will work with the Training & Community Development Team to ensure that data collection is accessible to our nationwide network of nonprofit organizations at the community level; this includes creating surveys and systems to collect the data and guiding our Network through the collection process. They will also be instrumental in collecting the data, analyzing it, and developing reporting structures that will be used by Global Ties U.S. members, partners, and funders at the U.S. Department of State.
The Research Fellow will work primarily with the Training & Community Development Team. This is a part-time contract position with an estimated time commitment of 15-20 hours a week. The Fellow should have graduate-level experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, and strong writing skills. We are looking for a Fellow to join us from January-May 2023.
Reports to: Team Lead, Training and Community Development
Location: In person or virtual
Essential Functions and Duties
- Implement and improve data collection system for the socio-cultural local impact study with Community-Based Members (CBMs) nationwide
- Improve data-collection processes for the end-of-year report with member organizations, which includes economic impact data
- Lead the communications with CBMs around how to collect data and when
- Analyze the data once collected, and work with the External Affairs & Strategic Communications team to produce state and national level reports
- In partnership with the Senior Program Manager, Training & Community Development, lead the development of webinars, online courses, member onboarding trainings, and other educational programs discussing the local impact study.
Fellowship Program Structure
- Open to current graduate students and post-doctoral students.
- Contract role expected to commit a minimum of 15-20 hours per week
- Can be either in-person or virtual
- Fellows receive a monthly $2,500 stipend
- Graduate-level experience with quantitative and qualitative (focus group, in-depth interviewing) methods
- Experience with online survey tools, such as Alchemer
- Writing/reporting experience, specifically translating data into easily understandable graphics and text
Learn more and apply at https://www.globaltiesus.org/research-fellow/