Development Coordinator, Foundations
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan transatlantic public policy and grantmaking institution dedicated to promoting a better understanding between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues. It is a bridge, community, and ideal committed to promoting democracy for all. GMF’s growing Development team serves this mission by securing funding primarily from government, multilateral, corporate, and foundation sectors. To accomplish its goals, the Development team:
– Manages a caseload of assigned prospective and current donors, ensuring that as many as possible become new donors, and that these donors are retained on an upgraded basis in their giving.
– Coordinates with programs and offices across the organization to design and implement donor-focused strategies to generate funding for GMF policy, leadership, civil society, and convening work.
– Strengthens the organization’s culture of fundraising by training programmatic colleagues and modeling best practices regarding fundraising research, donor engagement, and systems development.
– Builds upon GMF’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by bringing a multiplicity of perspectives.
GMF seeks a full-time Development Coordinator, Foundations to support the day-to-day relationship management of GMF’s foundation partners worldwide and provide strategic support to the Foundations funding team. This position is primarily internally facing, focusing on prospect research and coordinating engagement strategies (i.e., cultivation, solicitation, stewardship) with some direct interface with funders.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, External Relations, and working closely with the Development Officer, North America Foundations, the Development Coordinator, Foundations will play a significant role in the team’s ability to deliver on its goals. The Development Coordinator, Foundations will also work collaboratively across the Development, Engagement, and Finance teams, and with programmatic staff that support fundraising. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting multi-stakeholder initiatives and a proven ability to work with a matrixed team to deliver desired outcomes.
GMF’s Washington, DC office, where this position will be based, offers up to two days of remote work each week.
Strategic Support for Fundraising (80%)
• Work with the Development Director, External Relations and Development Officer, North America Foundations on all aspects of engaging and stewarding foundation funders as well as researching, identifying, and cultivating prospective foundation funders.
• Remain abreast of changes in the foundation sector.
• Coordinate creation of supporting materials for proposals, reports, concept notes, letters of inquiry, briefings, and memos.
• Draft proposal and report components at the direction of the Deputy Director, External Relations and/or Development Officer, North America Foundations.
• Execute all grant portal operations, including submitting applications.
• Record communications, engagement, briefers, submissions, reports, and other relevant materials in GMF’s CRM (Dynamics) and shared library (SharePoint) ensure information is accessible across GMF.
• Other administrative tasks as necessary to ensure that GMF achieves the highest professional standards in fundraising management.
Analytics and Admin (20%)
• Pull reports from CRM and retrieve data for reports and analysis.
• Create and run weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that accurately reflect foundation funder activity and fundraising outcomes at GMF.
• Creating and sharing donor acknowledgements.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
• Minimum three years of professional fundraising experience, preferably with experience in grant writing, foundation relations and/or working knowledge of the foundation sector
• Proven project management skills, including planning and analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in integrated databases
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Meticulous, strong critical thinking skills, and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Experience and ability to work independently and collegially in a goal-oriented environment
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Desire to participate in the mission of GMF
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
Apply using this link: https://gmfus.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/116915c5-c90f-d5a9-595c-de628bb7211b/apply?source=2292494-CS-36338