Executive and Office Coordinator
Executive & Office Coordinator
New York, NY
DVDL is an agency of innovators and strategists working at the intersection of cultural analysis and human behavior. We believe all organizations should, at their core, be about people first, including our own. We use our expertise to develop strategies, models, and concepts that bring the future of communities, cities, corporations, or cultural institutions into focus by helping our clients guide their work towards people and the issues they hold dear. We keep our ears to the ground so that our clients understand current trends as they develop, rather than play the game of perpetual catch-up. Whether that is for a museum, architect, brand, neighborhood, or public space: we help advance and innovate.
We are a growing team of New York City-based and remote staff, as well as freelance talent. We are passionate about creating inclusive, hybrid, interdisciplinary, flexible, and contextual programs for institutions and buildings that can connect to and grow with diverse audiences, opportunities, and challenges. Our clients range from museums, universities, art fairs, and libraries, to cities, parks, developers, architects, and art collectors.
We are currently looking for a full-time Executive & Office Coordinator to act as a core member of our team. This role will work in close collaboration with the Principal, Managing Principal, internal staff and our freelance network, supporting financial, human resources, operational, scheduling and office functions. Additionally, the Executive & Office Coordinator will support the Principal and Managing Principal on discrete strategic business initiatives.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional multi-tasker who can gracefully manage the competing demands of a fast-paced and expanding organization and who can think strategically about workflow across a variety of areas.
The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally and clearly with the rest of team as well as clients and people in our network.
At DVDL, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. Cultivating a culture of inclusiveness isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. We know that having varied experiences and points of view helps generate better ideas and insights for our changing and increasingly interrelated world.
• Carry out meeting and travel scheduling for Principal and team, including for projects with high volume external meeting needs such as large stakeholder workshops, project one-on-ones, and standing client meetings, and assist in preparation of packages and materials for same
• Lead scheduling on Principal’s calendar, including internal and external meetings and reviews
• General scheduling of group meetings, business development meetings, and team events such as holiday parties and staff lunches
• Monitor organizational mail and email, and distribute incoming correspondence and packages
• Administer and maintain all IT needs; periodically evaluate technology use and devise improvements
• Oversee contract management and vendor selection for office related needs
• Oversee lease and act as point person for property management company
• Maintain office workspace and supplies
• Lead all aspects of staff administration: develop and post job descriptions, review resumes, recommend interviewees, and oversee recruitment schedule; oversee onboarding and offboarding procedures; administer internal performance review processes; develop and maintain policies and procedures
• Manage relationship with outsourced HR provider, and act as point person for benefits administration; regularly review systems and look for efficiencies in HR and benefit administration
• Manage administrative aspects of freelance network, and create and apply modes of working that enable seamless integration between freelancers and the internal team
• Monitor changes to HR law and recommend updates to systems as needed, and to follow best practices
Finance and Accounting
• Oversee processing of weekly invoices, office-wide credit card expenses, staff reimbursements, cash and check deposits, and petty cash reconciliations, and perform other financial processes and work with bookkeeper as needed
• Work with Principal, Managing Principal and accountant to assist with annual and quarterly budgeting process, monthly reporting, year end financials and tax preparation
• Assist with preparation of project budget proposals and project budget management
• Experience supporting and facilitating interdisciplinary teams
• Minimum two years’ experience in an operations, finance, accounting, office management, and/or executive assistant role
• Strong project management skillset with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, meet deadlines, and manage budgets
• Thrives in supporting a team and bringing energy, experience, and order to a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with staff at all organizational levels and to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders in person and via telephone and email communication
• Collaborative and adaptive mindset; comfortability with and interest in iterative and learning-focused processes
• Self-starter who can anticipate project needs and communicate proactively
• Experience with invoice processing, credit card expense reconciliations, reimbursements, and petty cash
• Experience collaborating with a variety of vendors
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, GSuite, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Bachelor’s degree
• Available occasional nights and weekends, based in New York or adjacent
WORK HOURS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position (negotiable), with hybrid working. We provide industry standard holiday, vacation, and sick days; and offer health and dental insurance for roles over 20 hours/week. Annual salary is commensurate with experience and in the $55-60K range.
Accepting applications via email only. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume or CV, and writing sample in a single PDF file to [email protected] with the subject line “Executive & Office Coordinator”. Due to the volume of receipts, only qualified applicants will be contacted.