Advisor, Inclusive Markets

The nature of the role:

This is a full-time position that will report to a Director of Delivery or Technical Lead, Inclusive Markets. The role is 85% technical and some project management with the remaining 15% spent between business development and other internal tasks. We look forward to finding someone who wants to learn quickly and grow with our firm.

– A passion for facilitating social change in international development
– Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, international development, or related field.
– At least 7 years of significant experience in inclusive market systems, private sector development, trade, economic growth and/or inclusive business programming in emerging economies.
– Experience working in research projects with understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodology, developing questionnaires, writing reports etc.
– Experience promoting inclusive business practices and/or promoting social inclusion, gender equality and economic empowerment for development programming
– Experience providing technical support to international development projects – preferably with USAID, UK FCDO, or a multi-lateral organization.
– Experience supporting project management functions, such as managing budgets, managing local consultants, and following donor rules and regulations.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience drafting reports.
– Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and build relationships with team members and clients from diverse backgrounds.
– Strong primary and secondary research experience including research design and implementation.

Other desired characteristics:
– Graduate degree in business, economics, development studies, finance, or another relevant subject.
– Experience with leading private foundations, FCDO, or USAID in market systems development, economic development and/or private sector development projects.
– Experience working for a consulting firm and managing consulting projects.
– Experience designing and leading trainings.
– Proficiency in another language, preferably written and oral Arabic, French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese.
– Experience working and living in developing countries.

Other information:
The role will require approximately 25-35% travel. The salary range for this position is $60,000-90,000 USD for a candidate based in Denver, Colorado; for candidates based in another state or outside the US, MSA will consider salary ranges aligned with local market rates and salary bands for our hub zones (Denver, Colorado, US; Toronto, Canada; Kampala, Uganda). Where a candidate falls within this range is based on previous years of experience and versatility (i.e., number of required and desired characteristics as well as expected capability).