Alfa Fellowship Program
The Alfa Fellowship Program is a high-level professional development initiative placing up to 18 American, British, and German citizens per year in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, and related areas. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British, and German professionals, developing greater intercultural understanding, and advancing knowledge of Russian affairs in the West.
The Alfa Fellowship Program begins with language training in the Fellow’s geographic location followed by a language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa Fellows attend a seminar program with key public and private sector officials to discuss current issues facing Russia. Fellows then work at prominent organizations in Russia, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations.
Eligible candidates must have a graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field. Russian language proficiency is not required, but is preferred. The Fellowship includes a generous monthly stipend, language training, program-related travel costs, housing and insurance.
– U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
– Graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, government or public policy. Candidates without a graduate degree must demonstrate extensive and equivalent professional experience in their field.
– Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications
– Active involvement in community or public service
– Evidence of leadership potential
– Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another second language may be considered.
The application deadline for the 2017-2018 program year is December 1, 2016. To access the online application, please visit: http://www.culturalvistas.org/alfa.
For more information about the Alfa Fellowship Program or application process please contact:
Alfa Fellowship Program
440 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Tel. (212) 497-3510
Fax. (212) 497-3587
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
- International Business, Trade, and Finance
- International Law
- Public or Intercultural Communication
- Public Policy and Administration
- Current Graduate Students
- Young Professionals
- United States
- Europe and Central Asia