Association of Foreign Intelligence Officers Scholarships
The Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, non-political, educational association for current and former intelligence professionals and supporters of the US intelligence community.
- For Undergraduate scholarships, applicants must be entering their junior or senior year of college by the fall of application.
- For Graduate scholarships, applications must be submitted no earlier than your senior undergraduate year of college and no later than your second year of graduate school studies.
- Evaluation criteria include merit, character, serious academic commitment, and relevance of your studies to national security interests and career ambitions.
- Applications are evaluated by a special AFIO committee. Decisions are final.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens. Also, even if you are a US citizen, no scholarship will be awarded to students attending foreign universities (study abroad is eligible, if administered by a U.S. school), or schools not US-accredited, nor to law, med, or business schools (foreign or domestic), or to any “for-profit” colleges or universities.
Students intending to study in schools of engineering, science, technology and/or show extensive foreign language mastery and/or area knowledge in Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Pashto, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Persian, Hausa and other sub-Saharan African languages, Hebrew, Punjabi, Somali, Swahili, Turkish, and Urdu are strongly encouraged to apply. Colleges must be regionally accredited.
For deadlines and more information, see https://www.afio.com/13_scholarships.htm
- Current Graduate Students
- Current Undergraduates