Women In Defense Scholarship
Through the scholarship, , previously HORIZONS, Women In Defense encourages women to pursue careers supporting U.S. national security, with a focus on defense or foreign policy.
Awards are made based on academic achievement, participation in defense and national security activities, field of study, work experience, statements of interest, recommendations and financial need. Recipients must periodically report on the award’s impact on their professional lives.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria. No exceptions will be considered.
- Be a female currently enrolled or expected to be enrolled at an accredited university or college by the next academic term, either full-time or part- time.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible; undergraduates must have attained at least junior level status (60 credits).
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.25.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
Applications are accepted from early February through mid-March.
- Current Graduate Students
- Current Undergraduates
- Young Professionals