Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship
Ina Goodwin Tateuchi and her late husband, Atsuhiko Tateuchi, both came from hard-working families and were taught to appreciate and respect education. They wish to provide $5000 scholarships for students who are residents of the Pacific Rim states (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington) who demonstrate hard work, dedication and sincerity. Students must have financial need, academic merit and be of Japanese or other Asian ancestry, including multi-ethnic Asians. Students from middle income families and students attending college, university, trade/vocational, or graduate schools are encouraged to apply. This scholarship will be renewable for up to four years.
- This scholarship is offered to the following types of students:
- Graduating High School Seniors planning to attend an accredited vocational school, college or university (2-year or 4-year degrees).
- Students returning to school or currently enrolled in an accredited vocational school, college or university seeking support to continue your certificate or degree.
- Students entering or enrolled in graduate or professional degree programs (MA, PhD, MD, JD, etc.).
- Students must be a resident of Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii or Alaska.
- Students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at current school or the most recently completed academic experience.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will be given to students of Japanese ancestry or other Asian ancestry.
- Eligible Costs: Support for Tuition, support for Mandatory Fees, support for Room and Board. Funding will be paid directly to the school – no direct payments to students.
- Types of Institution: any accredited trade school or technical college, community college, or private or public university located in the United States.
- Submission of a complete application, including all required uploads.
Learn more and apply at https://seattlefoundation.smapply.org/prog/tateuchi/.
- Comparative / Regional Studies
- International Affairs - General
- International Business, Trade, and Finance
- International Law
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Public or Intercultural Communication
- Public Policy and Administration
- Science and Technology
- Security Studies
- Sustainable Development