Western Union Foundation Global Scholars
The Western Union Foundation believes education is a key pathway to success, yet it is out of reach for many. Our mission is to provide the training and skills needed to enter and thrive in today’s workforce.
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholars provides scholarships to typically underserved populations that face daunting barriers to access, so that they too can gain a higher education and have a better chance of supporting themselves, their families, and their communities.
The WU Global Scholars initiative that targets international students from low-income countries studying in Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom.
WU Global Scholars:
- Must be an international student already enrolled in the 2021-22 Academic Year (or a corresponding timeframe for universities with other semester systems) and preferably residing in one of the following countries of study: US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
- This program is open to students in their final or penultimate year of a full-time undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree program at an accredited higher education institution in any of the countries/regions listed above.
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Must be in good academic standing, have high ambitions, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study.
Learn more at https://www.westernunion.com/blog/the-western-union-foundation-supports-higher-education/.
- Comparative / Regional Studies
- International Affairs - General
- International Business, Trade, and Finance
- International Law
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Public or Intercultural Communication
- Public Policy and Administration
- Science and Technology
- Security Studies
- Sustainable Development
- Middle East
- Asia and the Pacific