Roger Hale Fellowship
In honor of Chair Emeritus Roger Hale’s unwavering commitment to Ploughshares Fund and its vision that nuclear weapons should never be used again, Ploughshares Fund seeks applicants for a competitive, one-year paid position as a Roger L. Hale Fellow. The Fellowship will provide an exemplary individual with an outstanding opportunity to develop professional skills by working at a leading peace and security institution that has been at the forefront of nuclear nonproliferation policy, advocacy and grantmaking for more than three decades. Ploughshares Fund’s extensive network within the nuclear nonproliferation community will place the Fellow into a unique position to gain practical day-to-day experience grappling with a wide variety of nuclear weapons policy issues.
The Fellow’s Responsibilities
Ploughshares Fund will create an engaging experience based upon the Fellow’s skills, knowledge, and interests. The Fellow works primarily with the policy (analysis/advocacy) team to conduct research on current nuclear weapons-related topics, monitor legislative developments, and write for publication on the Ploughshares Fund website and other venues. Past Fellows have published research reports, journal articles, and op-eds, and have delivered presentations at conferences. Fellows will have ample opportunity to engage with the organization’s leadership.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated a strong interest in nuclear weapons issues and are interested in pursuing a career in the peace and security field.
– A master’s degree or doctorate in international relations, public policy, security studies, conflict resolution or related fields
– Excellent academic record
– Outstanding writing, research and communication skills
– Demonstration of high-quality work in a professional fast-paced environment
– Experience producing written deliverables with deadlines
– Proven knowledge of current domestic and international nuclear policy issues in both the executive and congressional branch
– Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
– Enthusiastic, organized and a quick learner.
Learn more at https://www.ploughshares.org/about-us/jobs/roger-l-hale-fellowship-0.
- Current Graduate Students