ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 140 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly allowance for expenses, housing, books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
- Citizen of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese Official Development Assistance scholarship eligible country.
- Gained admission to an approved course in any of the 29 institutions.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. For programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his or her home country after completion of studies under the program.
- Executive directors, alternate directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Staff of ADB–JSP partner institutions are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- International Business, Trade, and Finance
- Science and Technology
- Sustainable Development
- Current Graduate Students
- Young Professionals